Friday, March 30, 2007

Taksigelse

En lille taksigelse på en mirakelblå dag kunne lyde som den tidligere omtalte Rod McKuen's "Thank you":

"All the taxi horns have sounded their retreat.
The wind is down to nothing but a whisper in the
street.
And now as you lie sleeping I'll take
a moment just to tell you
all the things I never say when you're awake.

Thank you for the raspberries this morning
and thank you for the orange marmalade.
And last night let me say
when you might have gone away
thank you very much because you stayed.

Thank you for the sun you brought this morning
even though the sky was full of clouds.
And thank you for the way
you held me yesterday
and steered me through the noisy Paris crowds.

I can't look ahead to the future
and I'm too old to run home to the past.
So now while you sleep on beside me
I'll do what I can to make this moment last.

Thank you for another special morning
and thank you for an even better day.
And thank you in advance
if there's even half a chance you'll stay,
one more morning. One more day."

No comments: